Cool climate and the calm blue sea attract tourists to the following destinations. >>10 top destinations in central Vietnam...
Halong Tourism: A Handbook from A to Z (P1)
Halong Tourism Overview
Halong Bay is a popular tourist destination in Vietnam, located in the western coast of the Gulf of Tonkin in the Northeast of Vietnam. With thousands of magnificent islands, marvelous results of nature, Halong Bay is recognized as UNESCO natural heritage of the world many times. Halong Tourism has advantage of beautiful scenery attracting to both domestic and international tourists.
Hanoi – Bac Ninh – Halong: 155 km. This is the shortest route from Hanoi to Halong, about 3 hours by car. The journey is as follows:
– Hanoi along Highway 5 – Sai Dong junction: 10 km.
– Sai Dong along Highway 1 – Bac Ninh: 23 km.
– From Bac Ninh along Highway18 – Pha Lai Chi Linh – Dong Trieu – Uong Bi – Halong: 122 km.
Hanoi – Bac Ninh – Halong: 160 km
– Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi) along the route of Noi Bai – Bac Ninh (32km) to Bac Ninh.
– Connect to Highway 18a through Pha Lai, Sao Do, Dong Trieu, Uong Bi to Halong.
Visitors can go to Luong Yen bus station or My Dinh bus station, the first coach departes at 6:00 am and the last bus at 17:00 pm (each journey takes about 3- 4 hours), every 5-15 minutes for each bus. Ticket prices range from 100,000VND to 200,000VND/pax.
Trains from Hanoi – Halong
Guests can take the tourist train HALONG EXPRESS departing from Gia Lam station. Train departs at 7:05 in the morning taking about 5 hours to Halong. Ticket price is $ 5 / one way / guest (for Vietnamese) and $15 /one way / guest (for foreigners).
Vehicles in Halong
Taxi transportation in cities with companies like: