Visitors at Dong Thap province in the Mekong Delta will be amazed at the immense plains, blooming lotus ponds, the flower village of Sa Dec and the Lai Vung pink mandarin gardens.
- 7 am: Depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Sa Dec. You can buy tickets at the Mien Tay bus station. Fares are approximately VND120,000-VND160,000 ($6-$8) per person. If traveling by car, you will go to Trung Luong Expressway and if you drive a motorcycle, you will go to Highway 1, then down along Highway 80 to Sa Dec.
- 10am: Visit the Tan Quy Dong flower village, the largest flower planting area in the southwestern region. Here, you will have the opportunity to enjoy various species of flowers and flower trading activities on boat.
- 12am: Visit Sa Dec City, get lunch with the local cuisines like eel hot pot, baked catfish served with ginger fish sauce, snakehead fish sour soup,…
- 1pm: Stop at Kien An Cung, an ancient pagoda of the Chinese.
- 2pm: Visit the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le and listen to the story about the love affair between Mr. Huynh Thuy Le (a Chinese Vietnamese entrepreneur) and French writer Marguerite Duras.
- 3pm: Get a ferry at the Cao Lanh Wharf to Cao Lanh City.
- 4pm: Visit the tomb of Mr. Nguyen Sinh Sac, the father of President Ho Chi Minh.
- 5pm: Check in at a hotel, take dinner and explore Cao Lanh city at night.
- 7am: Leaving the hotel for Xeo Quyt, a military base during the war against the US, now a tourist site. With an area of approximately 50 hectares of mangrove forest, Xeo Quyt fascinates visitors with the cool green of the trees, the water. You can explore this place by road or by boat.
- 11am: Take lunch with local dishes such as grilled snakehead, braised carp, sour fish soup with lily …
- 1pm: Go to the Tram Chim National Park in Tam Nong District.
Note: September-October is the egg-laying season of birds in the park while December-April is the season of red-headed cranes.
- 5pm: Enjoy local specialties.
- 6pm: Go to the hotel.
- 8am: Go to Gao Giong in Cao Lanh District.
- 9am: Visit Gao Giong on small boat to observe the life and activities of the birds here. You can fish, relax, and take a nap in the cool nature.
- 11am: Get lunch.
- 1pm: Visit the Go Thap relic site and Go Thap art architecture.
- 5pm: Leave Dong Thap to HCM City.